Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan.
You can have Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- Prepare 1 lb of dry beans (I used 1/2 pinto & 1/2 white northern).
- You need to taste of clove.
- You need to taste of garlic, smashed, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Med onion, fine chop.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil or your favorite good oil.
- Prepare 3 + 1/4 of cups water.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of good quality fresh chilli powder. More if u want.
- It’s 1 of Med green bell pepper, diced.
Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan instructions
- Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse..
- Heat oil in large pot, low-med heat. Quickly sautee garlic and onion, add water, beans, spices, green bell pepper and tomato paste plus salt to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cook 60 minutes on low/simmer. Test your beans. Mine were perfect at 1 hr cook time..