Kodo Millet Kheer. #healthyrecipes #millets #healthylifestyle #simpledessert #cooking Hii friends!!! In This video we will be seeing a simple dessert made with healthy millet. Delicious kheer made using varagu arisi or kodo millet.
They get digested slowly giving sustained. Kodo millet is the gluten free wholesome food for healthy person. Kodo Millet Pesarattu, Millets Pesarattu, Kodra Moong Dal Cheela (Chilla), Arikelu pesarattu recipe without rice is glutenfree, vegan, healthy breakfast dosa recipe with kodo millet, green gram. You can cook Kodo Millet Kheer using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kodo Millet Kheer
- It’s 1 litre of full fat milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of kodo millet, washed and soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 15-20 strands of saffron.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jaggery.
- It’s as required of Almonds and Pistachios,for garnish.
Kodo millet pongal was overwhelmingly seductive and never even felt that I am eating something Ingredients. Take all the ingredients given above except salt and wash them twice in water to remove the debris. A healthy and nutritious South Indian breakfast served with chutney and sambar. However one kheer recipe that shines the brightest amongst all is Millet Kheer.
Kodo Millet Kheer step by step
- Heat milk in a pan. When it comes to a boil, add millet, saffron and cardamom powder. Cook on low heat till kheer thickens. Keep stirring in between..
- It will take 45 minutes to an hour for the kheer to thicken..
- Cook the kheer until the millet is cooked. Now remove the pan from heat and let the kheer down slightly. Add liquid jaggery or grated jaggery and keep it for 10-12 minutes until the jaggery slightly dissolves in the kheer. Now put the pan back on heat and cook the kheer on very low heat until the jaggery melts completely..
- Serve hot or chilled.Garnish with slivers of almonds and pistachios..
How Kodo Millet is effective for various diseases is listed in repertory format. Names of Kodo Millet in various languages of the world are also given. Kodo Millet (or Varagu) is a highly nutritious millet rich in dietary fiber, minerals and is a good substitute to rice or wheat. This cutlet made with vegetables and varagu is a healthy, delicious and. Finger millet, Foxtail millet, Pearl Millet and Sorghum are available in Indian Stores (Patel Bros), USA and Kodo millet & Moong dal doesn't require soaking.