Wagyu Beef Cheeks Tacos. Last summer I had the opportunity to teach a weekend class with Matt Pittman at his Meat Church headquarters. The beef cheek is incredibly tender and full of flavor. It's marbled with fat and has a richness like no other cut of beef.
Kobe beef cheeks are muscles on the cow's face made very dense due to a lifetime of chewing. While they're too tough for any quick cooking applications, that dense tissue becomes tender and incredibly flavorful (Kobe/wagyu beef cheeks even more so) when slow cooked. Barbacoa Beef Cheek Tacos. by: aargersi. You can cook Wagyu Beef Cheeks Tacos using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wagyu Beef Cheeks Tacos
- Prepare 2 of wagyu beef cheeks about 1.1 lbs.
- Prepare 1/2 of sweet onion sliced.
- You need 1 of diced jalapeno seeded.
- It’s 1/2 can of beef broth.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s to taste of Tabasco sauce.
- It’s of Your favorite bbq rub mixed with extra Mexican spices.
- You need of Tortillas.
- You need of Mexican cheese.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- You need of Avocados.
Or if you are the adventurous sort, and love tacos and Mexican food, the following is a traditional Mexican recipe for tacos de lengua, taught to me by my Acapulco friend Arturo. This is the way his mother made it for him growing up. Beef barbacoa cooked in a dried pepper sauce can either be made with one type of meat or with a combination of several cuts of meat. Trim fat from beef cheeks and discard.
Wagyu Beef Cheeks Tacos step by step
- Heat the smoker up to 275°. I used a lump charcoal and post oak combo. Let the cheeks come to room temp and cover with the spices while the smoker is coming up to temp. I used a Spiceology Chile Margarita and Killer Hogs Hot BBQ Rub blend..
- Smoke uncovered for about 2 hours to set a light bark..
- Place them in a foil pan with the beef broth, onion, jalapeno, lime juice and hot sauce. Cover and cook until they hit 210° or shreds easily..
- Shred the cheeks and place back into the foil pan with the juices. Use tongs to load onto a warm tortilla and cover with your favorite toppings..
Incredibly juicy Mexican Shredded Beef in a rich, flavour loaded sauce. Slow cooker, pressure cooker, oven or stove. Use for tacos, burritos, enchiladas and To make tacos, serve the beef with warmed small tortillas, avocado slices, Pico de Gallo, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges and extra. But odd cuts aside, these beef cheek tacos are pretty incredible. They're marinated in a mole-esque blend of spices, chiles, coffee, and peanut butter with a deep yet mellow spiciness that permeates the cheeks beautifully.