Grilled cheese and ham. Swiss cheese and ham are grilled on whole grain bread for this easy, hot sandwich. "I love making this easy grilled ham and cheese sandwich on a cool night with a cup of tomato soup." A simple addition helps our Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich stand out from the crowd. Grilled Smoked Ham, Tomato & Cheese. Prepare as directed, adding tomato slices to sandwich filling, and spreading bread slices with GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard before using to prepare sandwiches.
Seuss's homage to picky eaters, Green Eggs. Layer the cheese and ham between the bread slices (keeping the buttered sides on the outside). It may just be the best grilled ham and cheese sandwich ever.-Renee Schettler Rossi. You can cook Grilled cheese and ham using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese and ham
- You need slices of Sourdough bread.
- You need of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Muenster or other cheese.
- It’s of Butter.
- You need 2 slices of ham.
Pile the ham and cheese on a slice of bread, season with salt and pepper to taste, and then top with the other bread slice, mustard-side down. The best way to improve on a great grilled cheese is to sprinkle some cheese on the outside of the bread for a super-crisp, cheesy crust. The perfect grilled cheese sandwich all starts with, of course, the cheese. Instead of going just for American, use what I like to I start with mustard, spreading it crust-to-crust (it's a must!), layering the cheese (American in the middle!), ribboning the ham to create height, and spreading the outside of.
Grilled cheese and ham step by step
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium high. Butter both sides of bread. Cook both pieces of bread on one side. Flip one slice and pull other out of pan..
- Places cheese sliced on bread in pan and cook ham in pan next to bread with cheese slices. Once bread is browned to desired liking. Place ham on cheese put on other half of bread flip and cook last un cooked side of bread..
- Cut into quarters and enjoy.
Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches. This recipe comes from a restaurant dish I loved and tried to duplicate at home. The combination of flavors is perfectly balanced. It always earns rave reviews! —Erin Mylroie, Santa Clara, Utah. The grilled cheese sandwich is the epitome of comfort food.