Banana crumb muffins. A basic banana muffin is made extraordinary with a brown sugar crumb topping that will melt in your mouth. "The crumb topping is what makes these banana muffins stand apart from the ordinary. Banana Crumb Muffins are so easy to make with just a few simple ingredients! These fluffy and moist muffins are topped with a delicious cinnamon-spiced streusel topping and make a great breakfast or.
Just mix the batter and bake in the oven. Banana muffins – perhaps my favorite muffin in all of muffin land (except maybe chocolate chocolate chip on occasion, but don't Muffin enthusiasts know everything is better with a crumb top – it's fact. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. You can have Banana crumb muffins using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana crumb muffins
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 of ripe bananas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s of Crumb topping.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salted butter.
These are truly the best Banana Crumb Muffins with the most amazing crumb topping! These muffins have quickly become a family-favorite recipe and they are the first treat gone wherever I take them. It's a fruit I buy at the store every week, because not only do I like it, but my kids LOVE it! Unfortunately, I feel like we have.
Banana crumb muffins instructions
- Mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork. Beat in 1 egg, and mix in the white and brown sugar. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and mix in 1/3 cup of canola oil..
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon..
- Fold in the banana mixture with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined..
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celsius. Start making the crumb topping; Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar with 2 tablespoons all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon of cold butter until the mixture resembles course crumbs..
- Grease or line a muffin pan. Spoon the batter into the tins. 3/4 full. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with 1 tablespoon of the crumb topping..
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 18 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean..
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tins for 10-15 minutes. Slide a butter knife around the edges to remove, and place on a wire rack to cool completely..
Banana Muffins are moist with a little cinnamon and nutmeg and topped with tons and tons of crumb topping. This is the best homemade banana muffins recipe perfect for breakfast! These Banana Muffins with a Crunchy Pecan Topping are the best. Fast and easy and made in one bowl. These tender banana muffins are crowned with a delightfully crunchy cinnamon crumb topping that lends to their addictive nature.