Cajun Oven Baked Steak and Veggies. Fresh veggies are always preferred, but frozen are more. Great recipe for Cajun Oven Baked Steak and Veggies. Cajun BBQ seasoning is amazing on steaks, and for those who don't have a good cajun seasoning on their spice rack there's an easy substitute using only a couple different spices !
This is a healthy and delicious meal that is also great for meal prep!. Add olive oil and the cajun seasoning and spread evenly on a sheet pan. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray. You can have Cajun Oven Baked Steak and Veggies using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cajun Oven Baked Steak and Veggies
- Prepare 12 oz. of beef loin steak (new York strip).
- You need 1/4 head of broccoli.
- It’s 1/4 head of cauliflower.
- It’s 1 of carrot.
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of Cajun Seasoning or:.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Cayenne Pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
The result is FLAVORFUL and tender chicken and veggies thanks to the vibrant cajun seasoning. The olive oil and garlic make this flavor-packed dish even better. If you're trying to lose weight or on a low-carb diet, I suggest you eat the chicken and veggies straight out of the foil with a fork. This combination of steak and vegetables falls firmly under that definition.
Cajun Oven Baked Steak and Veggies instructions
- Assemble your cajun seasoning if you do not have any ready made. Lay down a sheet of tinfoil and spray it with cooking spray. Pat down your steak with paper towel and put on top of tinfoil, rub your seasoning into both sides and the edges then seal the tinfoil and let marinate in the seasoning for 3+ hours..
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Take seasoned steak out of the fridge and let it get to room temperature before cooking. Sear both sides of the steak on a hot grill/stove for 2 minutes a side then cook in oven for 15 minutes. Wrap steak in tinfoil again and cook for an additional 10+ minutes (depending on how well you want your steak cooked).
- Chop up all of your vegetables. While steak is cooking, melt butter and pour over top of vegetables in a microwave safe steaming bowl. Mix in the butter so it covers everything then steam the veggies in the microwave for 4-5 minutes. Add extra cajun seasoning to the veggies if desired..
- Remove your steak from the oven and veggies from the microwave. Let both rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
In this recipe, the veggies get a head start in the oven, with the steak added in after and broiled to desired doneness. Cajun Roasted Vegetable Bowl with Garlic Sauce. Mushrooms, Cauliflower, Sweet Potato, Peppers, Onions, tossed in cajun spice blend and roasted. Serve in a bowl with crunchy greens and creamy garlic sauce or make wraps or tacos. Place steak and combined vegetables in separate shallow dishes.