Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter and coconut sugar. Whereas traditional recipes usually call for a full stick (or more. Classic oatmeal cookies involve LOTS of brown sugar and butter. You can have Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there's some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a treat. Healthy Oatmeal Cookies – easy, stir-together healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that taste SO GOOD, they are truly miraculous! These vegan oatmeal cookies are dense, hearty, thick.
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
These healthy oatmeal cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar or oil, but are packed with fiber! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack!. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (honey-sweetened), Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Granola, Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Skillet. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie GranolaJoy Filled Eats. Moist oatmeal cookies are given a healthier and tastier boost with whole wheat flour, rolled oats My family loves these oatmeal cookies, and with my made-over version, they are a great way to sneak.