Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder. Carrot-Ginger Soup with Curry and Coconut Milk. There is nothing unusual about the flavors in this soup — carrot and ginger, a common match, often are found with curry and coconut — but I still find this extraordinarily good and exactly what I want to be eating right now. A creamy and delightful stovetop vegan carrot soup that's full of flavor with help from curry powder.
Budget Bytes » Recipes » Soup Recipes » Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup. You only need a few ingredients to make this light and satisfying Thai Coconut Curry Carrot Soup. You can reserve a tablespoon or two of the coconut milk to garnish the finished soup, if desired. You can cook Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder
- You need 1 of Thermomix or other blender which heats up for cooking IS VERY USEFUL.
- Prepare 6 clove of Fresh garlic.
- It’s 480 grams of Peeled and halved carrots.
- You need 20 grams of Olive oil.
- You need 500 grams of Vegetable broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of Yellow curry powder.
- Prepare 400 grams of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper.
A sweet and spicy soup with sweet potato, coconut milk, and yellow curry powder. Plenty creamy with a slight crunch and heartiness from spicy Curry is typically a blend of spices that comes in a variety of colors and flavors and even consistencies. You can buy curry paste, curry powder, red. Curried Carrot Soup with Ginger and Coconut Milk vegan.
Carrot Soup w/coconut milk+curry powder step by step
- If Thermomix available, great. If not: follow directions about quantities, and ignore all about mixing in blender before thoroughly cooked and simmered for aprox 10 minutes after having added all ingredients at once to a pot, brought to a boil, reduced temperature until simmering.
- 15g ~ 6 cloves of garlic chopped finely. Directions for tmx: 4 sec at speed 6.
- Place carrots into tmx and grind 5sec at speed 4.5.
- Add oil to tmx and cook at temperature 'varoma' (highest on the thermomix) for 5min at speed 1.
- Add vegetable broth and the equivalent to 1tbp of curry powder (6g).
- Program temp 80 for 10 min speed 1.
- Interrupt after about 5min and add coconut milk. Continue cooking.
- Now blend at highest speed (important direction for those who cooked in a pot) in a blender of your choice or with one of those immersion blenders for as long as you need to break done any chunks of carrots or garlic. In tmx this would be speed 10 for 30sec.
- Serve immediately after decorating with a sliver of carrot peel and sprinkles of ground pepper and salt. ENJOY.
Full of the flavor of earthy sweet carrots, spiced curry powder, creamy coconut, and a zip of ginger, this carrot coconut curry soup Floral ginger and coconut milk mingle with earthy, sweet carrots and grounding curry spices. Add enough coconut milk (and a little more stock or water if necessary) to bring the soup to the consistency you want. Adjust the seasoning (depending on the stock you use, you may need more or less salt), and lime juice to taste. In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil And I only had yellow curry paste on hand and coconut milk powder (it's cheap substitute but just as good!) and still tasted amazing. Curried Tomato-Carrot Soup with Coconut MilkLolibox.