You can cook Country Biscuits using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Country Biscuits
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It’s 1 stick of butter — cold.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
Country Biscuits step by step
- Sift together all dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Cut in the cold butter into the flour until the mixture looks like small pea size pieces..
- Make a well in the center of the mixture. Add the milk all at once..
- Mix with a bowl scraper until the mixture holds together..
- Turn onto a lightly floured table..
- Pat the dough with your hands into a 1-inch thick circle Cut with a sharp, floured biscuit cutter..
- Place the biscuits on a parchment lined sheet pan 1/2" apart. Bake at 425 F oven until golden brown on top and flaky. (About 10-12 min.) Remove the biscuits to a wire rack to cool..
- Put what you like in between. We had Turkey and Jalapeno Jack Cheese today.
- Note if you have a large biscuit cutter you can get about 5 large biscuit and the smaller you would get more..