Kadai/ Karahi chicken recipe. Kadai chicken recipe – Also called as chicken karahi – Learn to make the best delicious kadai chicken recipe with step by step pictures. Kadai chicken is a delicious, spicy & flavorful dish made with chicken, onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic & fresh ground spices known as kadai masala. This easy Karahi Chicken Recipe or the Kadai Murgh, Pakistani is very simple to make and all the ingredients could be put together quickly.
Kadai chicken recipe is a popular chicken gravy of northern part of India. It is a must try dish you can find in any North Indian restaurants. This kadai chicken is adapted from my kadai paneer recipe. You can have Kadai/ Karahi chicken recipe using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kadai/ Karahi chicken recipe
- It’s of To dry roast.
- It’s 5 of dry chillies.
- You need 1 tablespoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of coriander seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- You need of Cooking.
- Prepare 1 of onions chopped.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need of Fresh Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- You need 5 of green chillies.
- It’s of Kewra water.
- It’s of Ginger cut in jullians.
- You need 4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2 spoon of Greek yoghurt or curd.
The difference is that paneer is replaced by chicken and cooking time increased due to cooking. Kadai Chicken or Chicken Kadai is a typical North-Indian dish. The specialty of the dish lies in its name itself; the dish is made in a utensil called 'Kadai'. This food primarily famous due to its delicious taste and use of a number of Indian spices.
Kadai/ Karahi chicken recipe step by step
- Dry roast the above mentioned ingredients. Grind it coarsely..
- Take a pan and add 4 tablespoons of oil. Add the onions to it. Cook it until it's golden brown..
- Add tomatoes to it and cook it till it's juicy..
- Then add fresh ginger garlic paste to it and cook well. Add the dry roasted masala.
- Mix well the masala and add water if required. Add the chicken to it and mix it. Add freshly beaten curd with little water to it to have a watery consistency..
- Cook it for 20 min in medium flame. Then add Kewra water, green chillies and cardamom..
- Cook it for 30 minutes then in medium flame or pressure cook for 3 whistle till the chicken cooks well..
- You can have this paratha, bread, chapati, roti or rice..
Kadai Chicken actually means chicken cooked in a kadai (frying pan). Here's a quick and yummy recipe of Pakistani chicken karahi. The kind of karahi you get on Dhaba (street restaurants) of Karachi when you travel to Pakistan. Karahi, Kadai, or Korai is a thick, circular, and deep cooking vessel similar to a wok but with a steeper side and smaller base. Kadai Chicken Recipe with step by step pictures Kadai chicken recipe is a popular chicken gravy of northern part of India.