Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧. Based on my Nana's recipe, there are two family secrets that hep you make the perfect crust every time. My mom has used my Nana's pie crust recipe since… well since I remember existing. I asked my mom to send me the recipe, and it turns out it's basically vegan except.
No coconut oil or shortening, and no need to keep your crust the right My family old recipe for pie crust that I had used for years called for shortening and ice-cold water. It was flaky and delicious, but I found it fussy to work with and. This is an easy vegan pie crust recipe made with margarine and oil, instead of Crisco or solid shortening. You can cook Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧 using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧
- It’s 1/4 Cup of non-dairy Milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 Cup of Flour.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 Tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Lb of Vegtable Shortening.
And since it has just a tiny touch of sugar, this This vegan pie crust recipe is so simple it's practically fool-proof, and, chances are, you probably already have all the necessary ingredients. Note** Vegan sugar should be used for the best texture. It taste yummy with cane sugar or table sugar as well. Easy Vegan Homemade Pie Crust Recipe creates a crispy, buttery pie crust perfect for your next vegan pie recipe.
Easy Vegan Pie Crust 🥧 instructions
- Add flour, salt, and sugar together and combine. Once dry ingredients are combined add in Vegtable Shortening chunks at a time. Break the shortening up well until fully mixed into the other ingredients..
- Once the shortening and dry ingredients are combined add in milk. (I usually eye ball this part) you do not want your dough to be to wet or to crumbly. It is alright of the dough looks a little crumbly at first but should come together after once folded into self a few times and rolled out with a rolling pin..
- Once you have rolled dough out with pen place into pie pan. It's ok if the dough crumbles a little. Use a knife to cut around the edges of the pan to make it look more uniform. Then krimmp the pie crust or use pinching method around the edges. Use a fork to pierce the pie crust in the bottom part of the pan to ensure a through cooking..
- Fill crust with pie filling of choice, freeze for later, or pre-cook at 450*F for 10-15min (or until golden brown)..
You can buy premade vegan piecrust at many stores these days. This is a new achievement for vegans and something to celebrate for sure! This vegan pot pie is next level: hearty vegetables, a gooey sauce, and a flaky, sage crust. Better yet, it's easy enough to make on a weeknight! "That was the best thing ever! Definitely making it again!" When someone says that about your pot pie recipe, you know you're onto something!