Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie. Rhubarb leaves are toxic because they contain oxalic acid, which is a chemical that causes irritation. Daffodils and a number of other plants also contain this substance. If ingested, it can cause a variety of problems—typically indigestion and stomach pain, but also kidney failure or even death (though rare)..
The stalk of rhubarb is also consumed as food. Rhubarb is a vegetable derived from cultivated plants in the genus Rheum in the family Polygonaceae. The whole plant – a herbaceous perennial growing from short, thick rhizomes – is also called rhubarb. You can cook Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie
- Prepare 6 of Rhubarb (no leaves, red part peeled).
- You need of Strawberries (I used 8 big ones).
- You need 150 gr of chocolate milk.
- It’s 50 ml of Heavy milk.
- Prepare 70 gr of butter (aprox).
- You need 24 of Oreo cookies.
Historically, different plants have been called "rhubarb" in English. The fleshy, edible stalks of other species and hybrids (culinary rhubarb) were cooked and used for food. Rhubarb Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce "What a wonderful recipe! Such a perfect medley of flavors.
Rhubarb & strawberry no oven cake / pie step by step
- Once you peeled the Rhubarb, cut the red 'crust', cut in bits and put in Ziploc bag with 5 spoons of sugar (I used plain white but brown is better). Shake once in a while!.
- Do the same with the strawberries. Put hem in a bowl with sugar and a bit water. This will take away the acid. The more you leave them like this in the fridge like this the sweeter!.
- Take the Oreos (only the black part) and put them inside another Ziploc bag. The white part I set it aside for the ganache but you can use it in here too. With an empty wine bottle smash the Oreos. Microwave 15 secs the butter and add it to the Oreos. Put this mix in the mold..
- Cover the Rhubarb with water and add a couple more spoons of sugar. Boil till the consitency looks like this. Then add to the mold..
- Take the chocolate and the milk (I added a tablespoon of butter) for the ganache. Put inside of tiny pan and put that pan in a bigger pot with boiling water..
- Add the strawberries to the mold anyway you like. I tried to make it pretty but failed..
- Add the chocolate ganache. Freeze for one hour and then move to the refrigerator! Done!!.
The cake came out very moist." – Dianne. See how Chef John makes his family recipe for this creamy sweet-tart pie. Aunt Norma's Rhubarb Muffins "My only complaint: recipe needs to be doubled. Excellent!" – oldcanuck Rhubarb is not especially rich in essential nutrients, and its calorie content is low. Find rhubarb recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network.