Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms. This recipe for crab-stuffed portobello mushrooms does double duty as a tasty starter for a casual dinner party, or an easy, light main course for two. The concept for this recipe came from a family friend who used to make an appetizer with store-bought crab cakes that she crumbled and stuffed into mushroom caps. How to make crab-stuffed portobello mushrooms.
Gently stir in crab and onion. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Andre and Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms The Adventures of Kitchen Girl In a medium bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, herbs, and pepper. You can cook Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- You need 8-12 of portobello or button mushrooms.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- It’s 6 oz of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of stuffing mix + 1/2 cup hot water.
- You need 1/2 cup of imitation crab meat.
- It’s 1/4 cup of finely chopped green onions.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of worstichire sauce.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
House Seasoning, recipe follows Remove and discard stems from mushrooms. Place caps on a greased baking sheet. Combine oil and garlic; brush over mushrooms. In a small bowl, combine crab and mayonnaise.
Easy Crab Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Wash mushrooms, remove and discard stems..
- Mix water and stuffing mix and set aside for 5 minutes to soften..
- Mix all filling ingredients and stir in stuffing mix. Lay mushrooms cap side down on a foil lined baking sheet. Scoop about a tablespoon of filling into Each one. Bake uncovered 18-20 minutes. You can place under broiler after baking for 30 seconds to one minute to brown tops if desired and garnish with green onions, parmesan and pepper..
Place a red pepper half on each mushroom; top with crab mixture. Once heated, add the portobello stems and sliced scallions and saute until. Wash and take the stems out of the mushrooms,set aside. Serve with a salad, french bread and wine. Can I use imitation crab meat?