Southern Sriracha Potato Salad. Sriracha sauce can be used in many dishes and that's why I want to share with you my recipe for a salad inspired by the Southern U. S using Sriracha sauce, potatoes, eggs and chives. I invite you to try this potato salad recipe with eggs and sriracha.
Boil your potatoes until just done and able to be poked This creamy potato salad has the perfect balance of tang and savoriness. Don't let the steps scare Sriracha should be the LAST thing added. Once all ingredients are in the bowl, give the salad a few. You can have Southern Sriracha Potato Salad using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southern Sriracha Potato Salad
- Prepare 5 of each Idaho potatoes (2 pounds) — peel, dice cook 3/4 inch.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 3 of eggs — hard boiled 15 minutes, chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion — finely chopped.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery — finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley — finely chopped.
- You need 2 ounces of pickles- chopped or relish — finely chopped.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Sriracha -(Sriracha is a personal thing add more if you like after its done :).
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of French's yellow mustard.
Southern Potato Salad is super creamy with a blend of mayonnaise and mustard, hard-boiled eggs, sweet onion, sweet pickle relish, and celery. A go to potato salad recipe is something everyone needs to have on hand. I start my Southern Potato Salad with regular russet potatoes. Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe.
Southern Sriracha Potato Salad instructions
- Place the eggs in boiling water for 15 minutes. Then run under cold water to cool, peel underwater and chop the eggs small..
- Dice the potatoes into 3/4" cubes then place in a saucepan and cover with cold water -1 inch over the potatoes..
- Add salt to the water Bring to a boil and turn down to a simmer. and cook until done about 15 minutes..
- Do not drain off the water until you are sure that the potatoes are done. Then cool the potatoes on a sheet pan in the refrigerator..
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, adjust the seasonings as needed then chill and serve..
Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned flavor. Ingrid's because it's so creamy with the perfect mayo-mustard ratio. She cuts her eggs and potatoes really small so you get a bit of. This potato salad recipe will be perfect for your next church supper or pot-luck supper. The sweet pickles add an extra sweetness to this special salad.—Gene Pitts, Wilsonville, Alabama.