Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables.
You can have Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables
- You need 1 of Spring chicken.
- You need 1/2 of Onion.
- Prepare 8 of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of White beans.
- You need of Kale.
- It’s of Zucchini.
- It’s of Corn.
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- It’s of Hardboiled Eggs.
- You need of Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Vinho verde (white wine).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chicken bouillon powder.
- You need of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Butter.
Cajun Chicken with Assorted Vegetables instructions
- Pre-season chicken with salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, paprika.
- Insert 1/4 onion, 1/2 bay-leaf, 2 cloves of garlic into the chicken, add-in also the chicken bouillon powder.
- After few hours in the fridge, pre-heat the oven (220c) and put in the chicken wrapped in aluminum foil (approx. 1:00hr – 1:30hrs).
- Cut the veggies (in bite size cubes) and boil the eggs.
- Sauté the garlic, onion and bay leaf with olive oil, butter and sprinkle some seasoning (paprika, cajun, b. pepper, salt).
- When the onions start to become translucent, add-in chopped kale, zucchini and mushrooms and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add-in the remaining corn and beans into the pot.
- Pour in vinho verde (high heat), and when the alcohol smell disappears, add-in the chicken stock.
- Cook for a few more minutes until all starts to soften.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and transfer all ingredients to a Pyrex.
- Finish the cooking in the oven (approx. 20 – 30min) until the chicken skin becomes crispy.