Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes. Delicious sausages made with premium ingredients. That's all there is to it! For an easy side dish, you can put in some veggies alongside the sausage so they bake at the same time.
Quick and easy oven roasted sausage and vegetables recipe, made with simple ingredients in one sheet pan. The best thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever vegetables and whatever sausages you have on hand. The spices that give Italian sausage its signature flavor develop more fully when roasted slowly in the oven. You can have Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes
- It’s 1 package of sausage.
- You need 1 package of potato chunks.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Paprika powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need of Shredded cheese.
Roasting whole sausages in their casings allows them to retain their moisture, so the resulting cooked sausage is tender and moist. Most Italian sausage is made of pork, although some may contain a pork and beef blend. Easy steps on how to cook sausage in the oven. This works for all sausage links and patties!
Oven Roasted Sausage & Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 450..
- Line a baking pan with foil and spread olive oil over pan. Set aside..
- Put the sausage rounds, potatoes, and onions into a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme. Toss together with hands until everything is evenly distributed. Pour into baking tray and spread out as much as possible..
- Place into oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring 15 minutes or so until the potatoes are golden brown and tender..
- Turn off oven. Scatter cheese over top. Pop back into oven for a few minutes to melt cheese..
- Serve with a vegetable..
Can you cook sausage in the oven? I realized a few days ago that most sausages don't have directions on the packaging to cook in the oven. If the sausages are linked together, cut them apart with scissors, then put them in the pan. Be sure to space them evenly apart! Place sausage rings on a baking sheet and liberally drizzle extra-virgin olive oil down over them.