Asian inspired Pork Belly 🐷. Remove the pork from the water using a slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel. Discard the remaining water and vegetables. Remove from the oven and place on a counter top, or cooling rack to cool.
A smoked pork belly recipe that packs a real punch of flavor while at the same time keeping true to the reputation of one of our favorite cuts of pork. Rub pork rind with oil and then rub in the salt. Place pork belly into the soy sauce mixture (ensuring that the pork rind is not covered by the soy sauce mixture). You can cook Asian inspired Pork Belly 🐷 using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asian inspired Pork Belly 🐷
- You need 5 strips of pork belly, cleaned.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of mirin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chinese 5 spice blend.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Gochujang blend.
- You need of Red Chile’s.
- It’s 1-2 dashes of a good sesame seed oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of brown swerve.
Chop the pork into bite sized chunks. Heat the oil and add in the pork, salt and pepper, frying on a high heat until the pork starts to turn golden. The best crackling in the world with juicy seasoned flesh, no one does crispy pork belly like the Chinese. And this is how they make it. (It's easy!)Chinese Crispy Pork Belly recipe.
Asian inspired Pork Belly 🐷 step by step
- Clean and place pork belly into a ziploc bag. Add all ingredients. Mix around and place in the fridge a minimum of 3 hours..
- Take out the fridge 15 minutes before you’re ready to grill. Omg so freaking delicious 😋 if you like it crunchier, just place under broiler for a few seconds..
In my humble opinion, the Chinese are the undisputed king of two things: crispy duck and crispy pork belly. Important notes to prepare an excellent Chinese roast pork belly (Do not skip this section before attempting the recipe) Blanching and pricking holes. Always purchase the pork belly with the skin on. This skin is the best part of the pork, which is crispy and crackling. Rub paste on to pork belly.