Bacon Cheddar Crescent Grilled Cheese. It can't get any better than a grilled cheese made with Sargento® Sliced Medium Cheddar Cheese and some crispy bacon tucked between hearty slices of bread. This Grilled Cheese Sandwich has tons of flavor, with spicy jalapeño, smoky bacon, and plenty of sharp cheddar cheese. Meaty salty bacon, sharp cheddar, and spicy jalapeno chiles make for the happiest trio of grilled cheese ingredients.
Add something cheesy to your family's dinner! I've heard of using mayo instead of butter but not yet tried it. Prob depends on the cheese to some extent. You can cook Bacon Cheddar Crescent Grilled Cheese using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Cheddar Crescent Grilled Cheese
- You need 2 (8 oz) of cans crescent dough sheets (or crescent rolls).
- It’s 8 oz of sliced cheddar cheese.
- It’s 6 oz of sliced American cheese.
- Prepare 6 slices of thick cut bacon – cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter – melted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (optional).
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated parmesan (optional).
Good cheddar has a lot of fat and produces a bunch of oil. Premade refrigerated crescent roll dough is the holy grail of bread dough. It comes in a can and makes fluffy and delicious rolls in minutes. They are even better when they are stuffed with bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese.
Bacon Cheddar Crescent Grilled Cheese step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush half of the melted butter in a roughly 12×8 inch rectangle on a large foil lined baking sheet. Mix the dijon and (optional) garlic powder with remaining butter. Set aside..
- Roll out your first crescent sheet over the buttered area (if using crescent rolls, pinch seams together to prevent leaking)..
- Layer cheddar cheese slices on crescent sheet, leaving 1/2 inch border around all edges. Sprinkle bacon evenly over cheddar. Layer American cheese on top of bacon..
- Roll out second sheet over the top of filling. Seal edges all the way around (I crimped mine with a fork). Brush top with remaining butter mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan if desired..
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is golden and crispy. Let cool 5 minutes. Cut into 8 triangles. Serve in place of grilled cheese with your favorite soup. Enjoy!.
- Can also be cut into 16-24 smaller pieces to be used as an appetizer for holiday or gameday parties, tailgates, potlucks, any old get together really!.
Although making recipes completely from scratch is always delicious. And to shut my brain up & stop the whole taste bud torturing I was enduring, I pulled out a package of bacon and fried it on up. I also sometimes add sautéed onion or jalapeño to the filling. Oh, and I use American and cheddar instead of Velveeta. Cheddar, bacon and ranch – so addicting!!