Creamy Cajun Red Beans.
You can cook Creamy Cajun Red Beans using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Red Beans
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of dry small red beans (not kidney).
- Prepare 1 lb of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 lb of smoked ham.
- It’s 2 of green bell peppers.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 4 stalks of celery.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare 1 of Tblsp garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Tblsp Cajun seasoning.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh parsely.
- It’s of Few dashes of Worcestershire.
- Prepare Pinch of sugar.
- You need of Cooked rice (your choice).
- It’s of Green onions chopped.
Creamy Cajun Red Beans step by step
- Sort out and soak the red beans the night before.
- Cut up all your meats and veggies and start browning the sausage in a pot with just a bit of olive oil.
- Add the peppers, celery, onion and garlic on top of the sausage and stir to combine. Next add the butter and stir till melted.
- Add the ham and keep stirring.
- Add the red beans and enough water just to cover everything and bring to a boil.
- Then add the garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, thyme, 4 bay leaves, pinch of sugar and Worcestershire.
- After an hour add fresh parsely.
- Cook for 2 and 1/2 to 3 hours on LO barely a simmer stirring occasionally and mashing some beans on the side of the pot for more creaminess (do this towards the end) It makes a paste.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the green onions on top 😋😋😋 this time I used yellow rice but use any kind you like ENJOY 😊.