Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole. Great recipe for Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole. Protein, vegetables, cheese and potatoes all wrapped up into one entree. Can be made from scratch or from leftovers, so it's the perfect Thanksgiving (or after Thanksgiving) meal! (This one went faster.
Make an easy, hearty dinner with recipes for chicken casserole, rice casserole, and more.. Paleo Turkey Sweet Potato Casserole With Eggplant and Tomato, Chili Rellenos Casserole, Chef John's Turkey Noodle Casserole, Hamburger Potato Casserole, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes with Ham I used traditional pizza sauce and toppings in this recipe for years. After becoming a fan of Thai peanut chicken pizza, I decided to use those flavors instead. You can cook Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole
- You need 1.5 of turkey breasts, or however much leftover turkey you want.
- You need 10 oz of corn.
- You need 10 oz of green beans (from green bean casserole, even!).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of turkey, brown, or mushroom gravy – whatever's on hand.
- It’s 2-3 cups of mashed potatoes, just enough to cover your dish.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Fried onions (optional).
Serve with stir-fried vegetables or a salad with sesame dressing for an easy, delicious meal. —Katherine Wollgast, Troy, Missouri. Ken's Ultimate (Chocolate) Chip Cookie Recipe Go ahead and throw every other chip cookie recipe you have in the trash, you will never want them again after making these just one time! This chip cookie recipe has been a work of years of trial and error, but is easy enough your kids can help. Great recipe for Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole.
Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F, prep a 13×9 pan with cooking spray or your choice of light oil..
- Shred the turkey into bite-sized pieces, add to your dish. Enough to cover, but as much as you want, depending on how protein heavy your diet is..
- Add the corn and green beans, spread evenly for best consistency..
- Add your gravy. If you have mushrooms, as I do, again – even consistency..
- Cover with mashed potatoes, spread thoroughly, and bake for 25 minutes uncovered..
- Cover with cheese, bake for another 15 minutes..
- For the last few minutes of baking, add fried onions if desired, and set to a low broil just long enough to brown your cheese..
Made this recipe for a carb-restricted diet, and as such I used low-carb biscuit mix. But the adults love it and the kids dig it (which in itself is a win). Great recipe for Ken's Savory Chicken Noodle Hotdish Casserole. This is a family recipe I've been making since I was a child. The original soup mix we used has gone, but Knorr's is as close as it gets.