Bacon Beef Butternut Squash. Butternut squash stuffed with Grass-fed ground beef, bacon and onions. Then to "top" it off, caramelized onions in balsamic vinegar and it is heavenly. Hope you enjoy as much as we did since we ate the whole squash with everything else.
The balance of sweet, salty, and creamy is EXTREMELY addictive. Browned cubes of beef, crispy chopped bacon and tender chunks of butternut squash give this hearty and easy-to-make stew its meaty, creamy appeal. A classic smooth butternut squash soup recipe, spiked with bacon and garnished with pumpkin or squash seeds and smoked paprika. You can cook Bacon Beef Butternut Squash using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Beef Butternut Squash
- You need 1 of Butternut Squash.
- You need 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 3 small of onions.
- Prepare 1 of stock celery.
- Prepare 6 slice of nitrite free bacon.
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 of himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of balsamic vinegar.
Butternut squash soup is a ritual meal in our home, mostly as a byproduct of growing the Three Sisters: Corn, beans, and squash. It originated as a way to use up leftovers and is traditionally made with corned beef and white potatoes. But we can make it Paleo by using Butternut. Butternut Squash is the main vegetable I think of when I think of fall, it's sweet, savory, and loaded with nutrients.
Bacon Beef Butternut Squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out stringy bits and seeds. Place squash in pyrex baking pan with 1" water and cook for an hour. (More or less depending on size of squash.).
- Chop 2 onions and celery. Set aside 3rd onion for later..
- Cook 6 slices of bacon in cast iron skillet. Remove and let cool before crumbling in separate bowl..
- Cook beef in bacon fat, salt and pepper to taste. Put in bowl with bacon and mix..
- Cook chopped onion and celery in skillet with bacon/beef fat. Place in bowl with bacon and beef..
- Pull the butternut squash out and allow to cool. Scoop soft squash into the bowl with bacon, beef, onion, and celery. Mix and add cinnamon, salt and pepper. Scoop back into butternut squash shells. And allow to bake 20 minutes longer..
- Slice remaining onion. Toss in skillet and cook until soft. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar and allow to caramelize..
- Toss caramelized onions on top of stuffed squash and serve..
When you roast butternut squash it enhances the flavors even more! But when you add bacon to it it turns into something magical! Not only is this recipe incredibly luscious, but it only takes. Roasted Butternut Squash – Great Holiday Side Dish. This side dish is perfect for a holiday like Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years Eve.