Simple sour dough bread.
You can cook Simple sour dough bread using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple sour dough bread
- It’s 6 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of instant or active dry yeast.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 2/3 cup of warm water.
Simple sour dough bread instructions
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add water, stir until ingredients are well incorporated; the dough should be wet and sticky.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 12-24 hrs on the counter at room temp. When the surface of the dough has darkened slightly, smells yeasty, and is dotted with bubbles, it is ready..
- Lightly flour your work surface. Shape dough into flat round, dont knead. Flip over to ensure both sides are floured. Place on parchment paper and drop into dutch oven with lid..
- Place dutch oven into cold oven, preheat to 425. Once oven reaches 425, bake for 40 min. Uncover bake for 10-15 min until crust is desired colour..
- Lift parchment paper out of pot, cool on rack.