Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven. The trick to making perfect roast chicken: cook it in a Dutch oven. The Perks of Dutch Oven Chicken. A true one-pan meal, a Dutch oven roast allows cooks to prep the vegetables alongside the chicken, ensuring that both are super flavorful.
Sprinkle any left over salt and pepper. Preparing chicken on the stove top is a fantastic option if you don't want to use the oven and heat up the house. Many of the same recipes that are usually oven cooked can be prepared on the stove top in about the same amount of time. You can cook Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Breasts and wing (attatched), Bone in and skin on. Cut a few 1/2" deep slits in chicken breasts.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 10-12 cloves of Garli.
- It’s 4-5 of Rosemary Sprigs.
- It’s 4 of medium Red Potatoes (small cut in half).
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper cut in Large slices (leave seeds in).
- You need 1 of Large Red Onion (cut in quarter size pieces).
This Dutch oven roasting trick was something I picked up while working on a cookbook a few years ago. In his book, EverydayCook, Alton Brown roasts a whole turkey inside a Dutch oven, which cuts down on the roasting time and keeps the turkey from drying out. While you'll need a specific Dutch oven for a Thanksgiving bird, an everyday Dutch oven can turn chicken into an inspired all-in-one. A Dutch oven is just the right size and shape to cook a whole chicken.
Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven step by step
- Mix salt, black and chilli pepper. Rub in generously all over the chicken and rub in slits..
- Heat your pot on medium high on stove top and brown chicken for 5 minutes on top side. Turn chicken bone-side down and add garlic, rosemary, potatoes ,bell peppers and onion pieces. Sprinkle any left over salt and pepper..
- Cover and cook 35 mins on Medium heat. Check periodically to make sure chicken is not burning. When chicken is done, turn heat off and keep chicken on stove top. Serve when ready..
Simply cover the pot with its lid during the first part of the cooking process to make the meat fall-apart tender and juicy. Then, remove the lid during the end of the cook time to make the skin golden and crisp. How to roast a chicken in a Dutch oven. That is the basic answer and yes, I am simplifying it. The dough then easily slides into the preheated pan.