Dutch baby. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake.
The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy. Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing. The best Dutch Baby pancake recipe made in a cast-iron skillet. You can cook Dutch baby using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 2/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh fruit I used blueberries.
Serve it sweet or savory for breakfast or brunch. One Dutch baby is big enough for four servings, so everyone at breakfast can have a plate of piping fresh, hot pancake at the same time. A Dutch Baby is simply another name for a German pancake. But neither of those names really do this skillet pancake justice.
Dutch baby instructions
- Reheat oven for 425 f.
- Over medium heat put 4 tablespoon of butter in skillet to melt and get hot.
- Mix all ingredients using mixer to have a fluffy batter with air bubbles.
- Pour it in the hot skillet add the fruit and move it to the hot oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve hot.
It's essentially ethereally airy loveliness that's crisp on the outside. Bob's Burgers isn't always about burgers. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake! Dutch Baby Cafe serves Dutch Baby (German) pancakes straight out from the oven.