Grilled cheese dogs. Whip up this Grilled Hot Dog-Cheese Sandwich recipe. If you love mustard-y, relish-topped hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches, you'll love Grilled Hot Dog Cheese Sandwiches. The only place you can get all beef hot dogs over here in the UK is at Costco, so when I get the chance to go, I stock up on them and bang them.
This'll take you right back to the ballpark. Sliced fried hot dogs, chili, and melty American cheese. Cheese Dog Grilled Cheese. to favorites. hot dog, cooked and thinly sliced. You can cook Grilled cheese dogs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese dogs
- You need of hot dog buns.
- You need 4 of hot dogs cut in half.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 3 c of cheddar cheese.
Butter one side of the bread slices, then flip and spread two slices with mustard and the other two. Add cheese to your hot dog and press it into a grilled cheese sandwich for a whole new take on the ballpark wiener. Like every American girl, I love hot dogs. What I don't love, though, are the buns.
Grilled cheese dogs step by step
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions..
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun..
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs..
Bacon Chili Dogs are the pinnacle of human achievement. We start off by a making a bacon-based chili that is then put atop grilled hot dogs creating the ultimate chili dog. Butter the outside of the hot dog buns. Once you try Grilled Cheese Dogs, you'll never eat a hot dog the same way again. Grill hot dogs until well browned.