Instant Pot Shrimp curry. This is the simple Indian shrimp curry made with ginger, garlic, onions, tomatoes along with flavorful spices, and finished with coconut milk. Pair this curry with rice for a perfect experience. Why cook Shrimp Curry in the Instant Pot: Using the Instant Pot gives you a consistent control of time and temperature, ensuring perfectly cooked shrimp every time.
By :Ace Blender Cookbook by America's Test Kitchen. For more information on preparing an instant pot curry, refer to this recipe. What Else Can I Use In My Curry? You can cook Instant Pot Shrimp curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Shrimp curry
- It’s 2 tbsp of Coconut oil.
- It’s 12 oz of pkt Raw medium-large shrimp(Peeled and deveined).
- Prepare 1 of Small onion sliced.
- It’s 1 of Medium Tomato chopped.
- It’s 1 of lemon sized tamarind soaked in 1/2 cup water (optional).
- It’s 1 of stem Curry leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp. of Black Mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Coconut cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of Kashmiri Red Chilly powder(bright color and less heat).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp. of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek powder.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
Curry is such a perfect blank canvas! Let's get to the nitty gritty of making easy Thai curry soup. Jump To Recipe • Print Recipe. click here to Pin this recipe. I'm not even sure where to start.
Instant Pot Shrimp curry instructions
- Thaw and Clean the shrimp thoroughly and remove the tail..
- Keep the IP on sauté mode and once hot, add the oil followed by mustard seeds,curryleaves, fenugreek powder and ginger garlic paste. Stir well so that it doesnt burn or stick to the pot..
- Add onion slices and chopped tomatoes along with salt and turmeric.Sauté for 3-4 mins until the onions are translucent..
- Meanwhile prepare a thick paste of Red chilly powder,cumin powder and coriander powder with 2 tbsp water.(this will prevent burning of spices when directly added to the pot).
- Add the spice paste to the onion masala and stir well for a minute and add the tamarind piece along with few tbsp water so that nothing burns or sticks to the bottom of the inner pot..
- Once oil starts separating from the masala,add 2 cups water and close the IP with a glass lid.Let the curry continue simmering for 2 minutes on sauté mode..
- Now add the cleaned shrimp,stir well and close the Insant Pot. Set the pressure cook mode for 3 minutes..
- Once done,open the lid after 10 min natural steam release. Keep the IP on sauté mode again and stir the curry and add in the coconut cream..
- Let the gravy simmer for 3-4 mins and when it reaches the desired consistency, turn off the IP. Check the salt and transfer to serving dish/let it sit in the IP on 'keep warm' mode.
- Serve the curry with Rice or Roti..
- TIP#You can substitute Kashmiri redchilly powder with Paprika too. You can get them at any Indian grocery stores..
- TIP# You can use this curry recipe for scallops or prawns too..
This curry is cozy beyond cozy. There's just enough curry paste to make your tastebuds perk up, and the texture is creamy, but still with some tender veggie pieces intact, and. Instant Pot shrimp is easy to cook! Wondering how to cook frozen Instant Pot shrimp or wondering what to do with fresh shrimp in your pressure cooker, well we have directions for you so they're perfectly pink when they're done! Home » Instant Pot » Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits.