Cambozola and Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Cambozola and Mushroom Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cambozola and Mushroom Soup
- Prepare 1-1 oz. of packet assorted dried mushrooms.
- It’s 1/2 lb of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of crimini mushrooms, chopped.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brandy.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 cups of cold water.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 100 g of cambozola, rind removed.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Cambozola and Mushroom Soup step by step
- Bloom the dried mushrooms in 2 cups warm water for 20 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and give them a quick rinse. Chop any large pieces into bite-sized chunks. Strain the blooming water (now mushroom broth) through a coffee filter to remove any sediment, and set it aside..
- Melt 1 tbsp butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add all the mushrooms. Fry until the water the mushrooms give off evaporates and they take on a bit of golden colour. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Stir the shallots and garlic into the pot and continue frying 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant. Pour in the brandy. Let cook until most of the brandy has been absorbed, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir for 1 minute to coat..
- Add the thyme, mushroom broth, chicken stock, and 2 cups cold water to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Fish the thyme sprigs out of the pot. Break the cambozola into chunks and add it a little at a time to the pot, stirring to melt it in. Remove any big pieces of mold that float to the top; they'll turn rubbery. When all the cheese has melted, turn off the heat and stir in the cream to finish..