Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken). Ayam bakar literally means grilled chicken, kecap is sweet soy sauce. This sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) is one of staple condiment in İndonesian cuisine especially in javanese cuisine. Traditionally the chicken grilled over charcoal and brushed with spiced kecap manis during.
Add water, salt, and sweet soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce becomes really thick and is almost gone. I have a weakness for Indonesian grilled chicken (or Ayam Bakar as you will often find on Indonesian menus) – the char and smokiness from the caramelized chicken skin, the sweet aromatic spices, the distinctive taste of kecap manis (sweet soy sauce). You can cook Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken)
- You need 8 pieces of chicken (you can use both chicken breast or chicken thighs).
- It’s 3 tablespoons of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of lemongrass, pounded.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of tamarind juice.
- It’s 8 of kaffir lime leaves.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder.
- Prepare 250 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need of For the ground spices:.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 10 of shallots.
- Prepare 2 of chili pepper.
- Prepare 1 inch of ginger.
- You need 1 inch of galangal.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
Ayam Kecap Pedas – Chicken in Spicy Sweet Soy SauceDaily Cooking Quest. sweet soy sauce, chicken, green chili, shallots, water, candlenuts Indonesian Grilled Squids with Sweet Soy Sauce Recipe (Cumi Bakar Kecap)Indonesia Eats. garlic, unsalted butter, turmeric powder, calamansi. Preparation Marinate squids with garlic, coriander, turmeric, candlenuts, white pepper, butter, and kecap manis Grill or bbq them until done, one a while brush the squids with marinated mixture. Heat sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat until sugar becomes lightly brown. Cumi Bakar Kecap – Indonesian Grilled Squids with Kecap Manis – recipe by me.
Ayam Bakar Kecap (Sweet Soy Sauce Grilled Chicken) step by step
- Mix the chicken with lime juice and salt. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- In a food processor, combine all the ground spices ingredients and pulse until finely chopped. Add the vegetable oil and pulse to a fine paste..
- Transfer the paste to a wok and cook over medium-high heat. Add kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass. Stir until fragrant. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken change color..
- Lower the heat. Add sweet soy sauce, white pepper powder, sugar, water, and tamarind juice. Simmer until the chicken is tender and the sauce is permeated..
- Place chicken on a hot, preheated greased grill. Rub the ground spices on the chicken. Grill the chicken until the skin is caramelized. Turn over. Do the same to the other side. Be careful not to burn it..
- Serve with warm rice, sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and lettuce. Don’t forget the ‘sambal trasi’! 😋.
Prepare ayam bakar: Marinade the chicken with lime juice while you are preparing other things. Place all ingredients to grind in a food processor and grind until you have a smooth paste. Mix the ingredients you have grind with coconut sugar, kecap manis, and salt. Sweet soy sauce or kecap manis is probably the most commonly used and well-liked Indonesian food condiment. It is an important sauce in Indonesian signature dishes, such as nasi goreng (fried rice), mie goreng (fried noddles), satay, and meat or chicken stew.