Easy and Clean Way of Grating Ginger.
You can have Easy and Clean Way of Grating Ginger using 2 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy and Clean Way of Grating Ginger
- It’s 1 of as much (to taste) Ginger, garlic, wasabi, etc..
- It’s 1 of as much as you need Parchment paper.
Easy and Clean Way of Grating Ginger step by step
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of your grater. You only need a small amount..
- For those who need coarsely grated ginger, it's best to grate up and down the grater in one direction. If you grate in different directions, the paper might tear. Do not move the parchment paper..
- For those who need finely grated ginger, grate in a circular motion. Placing the grater on a flat surface should prevent the parchment paper from shifting..
- Scrape the ginger off the parchment paper with chopsticks or a spoon. Aluminum paper or plastic wrap will tear this way, but not parchment paper..
- With the technique of scraping off the ginger as shown in Step 4, some ginger will remain on the paper. Lift the paper off of the grater, place the paper on a flat surface such as a cutting board, and use your finger to gather the grated ginger..
- This way, there is no waste, and every grated bit can be used. It's very handy when you just need a tiny bit of grated garlic or wasabi..
- Since the fibers don't get stuck in the grater this way, clean-up is also very easy and hygienic..
- You could also use aluminium foil, but there will be some waste. And even if you grate the ginger and lift up the foil, you are likely to get tiny foil particles mixed in with the ginger..