Rhubarb Dessert. Easy Rhubarb Dessert Recipes with pictures, the Best Rhubarb Crumbles, Crisps, Cobblers, more; made using fresh or frozen rhubarb! You can only get rhubarb this time of year—better make the most of it. It's time to expand your spring produce.
Celebrate spring and forced rhubarb season with a stalk of this bright pink vegetable to sweeten up. See more ideas about Rhubarb recipes, Rhubarb desserts and Food recipes. Spread over rhubarb mixture; sprinkle with coconut. You can cook Rhubarb Dessert using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb Dessert
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- It’s 1 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 cup of rhubarb.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
Like your dessert with a little zing? Say hello to your new BFF: rhubarb. The pretty pink plant is tasty and adds a touch of tartness in dessert recipes such as rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp. However, when people think of rhubarb desserts they almost always assume you have to pair it with strawberries, like in a classic strawberry rhubarb pie.
Rhubarb Dessert instructions
- Mix baking soda into milk and let set until the milk is room temperature.
- Cut in brown sugar to shortening.
- Add egg and mix until well blended.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Add flour and salt mix well.
- Add rhubarb.
- Grease and flour 9×13 cake pan and pour batter into pan..
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinke over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting.
Rhubarb has a tart flavor and bright pink color. Here, find our best rhubarb recipes, from cakes, crisps, and pies to rhubarb compote, rhubarb chutney, and even drinks featuring this spring vegetable. The Rhubarb Dessert Soup recipe out of our category chilled soup! If you have a glut of rhubarb you'll never be stuck for a fantastic dessert recipe – from a classic rhubarb crumble to sophisticated crème brûlée. Clafouti is that brilliant French dessert made by pouring an eggy batter over fresh fruit.