You can have Arhar Dal using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arhar Dal
- It’s of To Pressure Cook Arhar Dal.
- You need 1 cup of Arhar dal, washed and soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1 of tomato, washed and chopped.
- It’s 1 of green chilli, chopped.
- You need 1/2 inch of ginger piece chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare of Other ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 inch of ginger piece chopped.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric (haldi) powder.
- You need of To Prepare The Tempering:.
- You need 2 tbsp of clarified butter/ghee.
- It’s 2 of dry whole red chilies.
- It’s 1 tsp of mustard seeds (raie).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds (saunf).
- You need 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds (dana methi).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of asafetida powder (heeng).
Arhar Dal step by step
- In a pressure cooker add 1 cup of soaked tur dal. Further add 1 chopped tomato, 1 chopped green chilli, salt to taste and ½ inch ginger.
- Also add 2 cups of water..
- Pressure cook on high flame till one whistle. Thereafter reduce the flame and cook the dal on low flame for 10-12 minutes. Or till dal is soft and mushy..
- Mash up the cooked dal. It will be thick as this moment. At the time of serving add in boiled water as per the desired consistency..
- Next add ½ inch piece of ginger, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp powdered sugar, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and juice of ½ lemon..
- Add 1 cup of water. Let it simmer for 10 minutes..
- Prepare the tempering. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee or clarified butter. Add ¼ tsp asafetida (heeng), ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi), ½ tsp fennel seeds (saunf), 1 tsp mustard seeds (raie). Let it crackle. Add 2 dry red chilies. Cook for 30 seconds..
- Check and adjust the consistency of the dal. Add prepared tempering to the dal..
- Cover the lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes..
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot..