Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin). Mung bean sprouts or bean sprouts is a favourite healthy vegetarian option which is often paired with Hainanese chicken rice. Small bits of fried salted fish, scallions and slices of fresh red chilies are used as garnishing and to enhance the taste. Sauteed Bean Sprouts, Bean Sprouts Chinese Style.
This bean sprout recipe with tofu is vegan and vegetarian friendly. Easy to cook and goes well with If you want authentic flavors, you can add salted fish to this Chinese dish. They take seconds to cook in a hot skillet or wok. You can have Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin)
- You need 150 gr of bean sprouts.
- Prepare 20 gr of salted fish (thinly chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of size tomato.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of bird eye chillies.
- You need 3 of red chillies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
As soon as they are slightly wilted. Remove pan from heat and stir in a couple of pinches of pepper, and salt to taste. Lift the sprouts out of the hot pan and onto a platter quickly, so. There's something about this dish which makes it so special.
Sautéed bean sprout and salted fish (threadfin) step by step
- Rinse and clean the bean sprout with water, drain and put aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan, stir fry the thinly chopped salted fish for about 4 mins.
- Add in the chopped onions, garlics and chillies followed by chopped tomato. Stir fry for about 3 mins over medium heat.
- Slightly turn down the heat, add in the bean sprout, season with 1 teaspoon of light soy sauce and a pinch of sugar. Stir fry occasionally for about 3 mins then your dish is ready to serve.
- Happy trying ^•^.
Yes you guessed it right, the salted fish makes this dish "oh so perfect". Mung bean sprouts are a popular nutritious vegetable in Chinese cuisine. Learn how to use them in this delicious and healthy stir-fry recipe. Saute garlic, chilli padi, salted black beans and fermented soybean with the remnant of the olive oil in the pan till fragrant. Dish out the fish and scoop the sautéed black beans mixture on to the fish.