Easy homemade dinner rolls.
You can have Easy homemade dinner rolls using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy homemade dinner rolls
- It’s 3-1/4 cups of flour, divided.
- You need 1 of package, active dry yeast.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Easy homemade dinner rolls step by step
- Mix together 1-1/4 cups flour and yeast in an electric mixing bowl..
- In a small saucepan, add milk and sugar. Heat on medium low heat, stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and the milk begins to steam. Remove from heat and add butter. Mix well until completely melted. Add egg and milk mixture to mixing bowl and beat on low for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides if necessary. Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes..
- Add flour to mixing bowl and use a dough hook to beat the dough until combined. Remove dough from a bowl and place onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 5-6 minutes. You shouldn't have to add any additional flour, but if the dough is sticky sprinkle a bit onto the dough..
- Shape dough into a ball and place into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray. Place in a warm location until double in size, about an hour. Punch dough down and divide in half. Place onto a lightly floured surface and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 minutes..
- Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Cut dough into 36 small pieces. Shape each piece into a bowl and pull the edges under and place 3 dough balls, smooth side up into each muffin tin. Let set covered for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size..
- Bake for 14-16 minutes in a 375 degree oven or until golden brown. Remove from pan and serve warm..