Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only. Combine corn, mayonnaise, sugar, salt, black pepper, onion and chili in a mixing bowl. Corn cheese (콘치즈) is a quick, simple but also delicious side dish. It is quite often used in Korea as a side dish but is most popular as anju (안주).
So, I decided to make my own. Creamy, warm and cheesy with fresh corn kernels, diced tomatoes and seasonings. I added a few pieces of thin garaetteok rice cake to the corn cheese in this recipe to make it look so good and give you an idea for a quick and simple breakfast. You can have Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of cooked sweet corn kernels (better fresh vs canned).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced green and red bell peppers.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of sugar (or to taste).
- It’s of Optional: sliced rice cakes (Tteokbokki).
It also makes a good side dish for beer and you see corn-cheese in served in many Korean bars as drinking food (anju).. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Pour in cream; stir and bring to a boil. Stir in the remaining corn until heated through.
Korean Cheesy Corn (Corn Cheese) using 5 Ingredients only step by step
- Melt butter on low heat..
- Add corn, mayo, sugar, bell peppers and mix well. Optional: add rice cakes. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Remember not to put too much salt as cheese will be added later..
- Add cheese and place cover to melt cheese..
- Optional: Broil in the oven to char the cheese on top a little bit. Serve as a side dish for fried chicken. Best paired with soju..
Top corn with remaining cheese and a sprinkle of cayenne. Korean Corn Cheese is a popular appetizer or side dish which can be easily made at home. It tastes similar to creamed corn with melted cheese on top. Fry Corn Dogs over low heat. Carefully cook Corn Dog because this is easy to cook and tend to burn easily.