Spring Onion Soup. Working in batches, puree in a blender, starting on low speed and gradually increasing to high, blending until soup is smooth. Our Spring Onion Soup is a lighter version of winter's favorite cheese-crusted French onion soup. When serving hot soup, deep bowls help retain the warmth of the broth; before serving, heat bowls by running them under hot water.
Potato and Spring Onion Soup Recipe is a delicious blend of green onions that have the taste of spring and when had as a soup it makes you feel refreshed. And it's good to know that the spring onions also have lots of immune-enhancing compounds to boost our good health. The Potato and Spring Onion Soup Recipe is a simple soup that is easy to make and light on the stomach too. You can have Spring Onion Soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spring Onion Soup
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 TBS of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium vidalia onion sliced thin (1 cup).
- Prepare 1 of Leek, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- You need 1 bunch of green onions, sliced thin (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 2 cups of peas (fresh or frozen).
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cup of small pasta (dry).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of lemon, juiced (3 TBS).
- You need 1 cup of torn Basil leaves.
- Prepare 8 slices of sourdough bread.
- Prepare 3 oz of Fontina cheese, shredded.
Note that spring onions are sometimes also called salad onions – red or white, these are the same as spring onions. The onions are dry roasted under the broiler for a bit of char and depth, and then blended with tender potatoes, stock, white wine, and a few handfuls of greens. The resulting soup is every bit as verdant as a spring morning. Unlock the vibrant flavour of spring onions with our best-rated recipes putting this humble veg at the heart of the dish.
Spring Onion Soup instructions
- Preheat broiler. In a 4-quart Dutch oven heat butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add Vidalia onion slices; stir until coated. Cover; cook 15 minutes until translucent and soft, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in leek and green onions. Cook, covered, 10 minutes more or until leeks are softened..
- Stir in peas. Add chicken broth, water, pasta, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and basil leaves..
- Top slices of sourdough bread with fontina cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top soup with bread slices. Serve with Lemon Sour Cream Topper..
Discover salads, Asian-inspired dishes and more. Spring onion soup recipe – this is again one of those easy soup recipes. When I make soups at home, we generally prefer pureed and slightly thick soups rather than thin clear soups. Here in this soup, apart from spring onions i have used one potato to thicken the soup. The soup is again made with minimal ingredients so as to bring out the best of spring onions.