Sausage stuffed shells. Jumbo pasta shells are stuffed with Italian sausage and shredded mozzarella cheese, topped with marinara sauce and more cheese then baked until bubbly and browned. Make the stuffed shells: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Fill each cooked shell with the sausage mixture and nestle them in sauce. In medium bowl, mix tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Arrange shells on sauce in baking dish. You can cook Sausage stuffed shells using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage stuffed shells
- Prepare 12 ounces of jumbo shells pasta.
- Prepare 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried basil.
- Prepare 24.3 ounces of HemisFares Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine.
- It’s 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Spoon remaining sauce over stuffed shells. Seasoned Italian sweet sausage and beef mix together and fill these Sausage Stuffed Shells. Top with sauce and cheese for an unforgettable Italian casserole! Sausage Stuffed Shells This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores.
Sausage stuffed shells step by step
- Boil 8 cups of water in a large pan over medium -high heat..
- Ntly pour the stuffed shells into the boiling water and boil for 9 minutes, then drain and set aside. (You'll need about 22-24 shells, but I boil the whole 12 ounces so I have extra in case some shells break.).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, egg, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, parsley and basil. Mix well..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread about 3/4 cup sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan..
- Using an ice cream scoop (or your hands), scoop the meat mixture and gently stuff it into the shells. Place the shells meat side up into the prepared pan, side by side to fill the pan..
- Once the shells are all stuffed, pour the rest of the sauce overtop the shells and spread it around to cover all the shells..
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over top..
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil a little larger than your pan. Spray one side with cooking spray. Cover the baking pan (sprayed side down) and press to seal..
- Bake covered for 40 minutes, then uncover and broil on low for 3-5 minutes to brown the cheese (watch this closely!)..
Pour half of the marinara sauce into baking dish. Stuff shells with meat mixture; arrange in baking dish. Pour remaining marinara sauce over shells. Cook the pasta shells according to the instructions on the package. Cook pasta shells according to package directions for al dente; drain and rinse with cold water.