Low Carb Sicilian Meatballs.
You can have Low Carb Sicilian Meatballs using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Sicilian Meatballs
- It’s 3 lb of 85% lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 1/2 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 7 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 large of handful Italian parsley.
- Prepare 1 cup of Romano cheese, grated.
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- You need 1 tbsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
Low Carb Sicilian Meatballs instructions
- OK, first off, if you want to go really authentic, make it 1 1/2 pound each of ground beef and ground pork..
- Now, throw everything into a large mixing bowl, and mix by hand..
- Roll the mixture into small meatballs. Golf ball is about as big as Sicilian Meatballs ever get, and often they're smaller..
- Add about five or six tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil into a two or three quart saucepan or large frying pan, and heat to medium..
- Fry the meatballs on medium for a few minutes per side, and I normally do at least three sides..
- Place the finished meatballs into a plate with a few layers of paper towel lining the bottom for drainage, and keep half an eye on that plate while finishing the rest in the pan. The aroma permeates the house and attracts vermin/children/spouses with a mind for repeated sampling. If you don't watch out, you end up with an empty dish after all that cooking..
- Serve in sauce, in Italian Wedding Soup, or as appetizers..