No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling. Things like strawberry rhubarb pie, rhubarb crisp, crumble, cake, the whole rhubarb shebang. To be honest, strawberry rhubarb pie never stood a chance when I One common issue with strawberry rhubarb pie is the whole "mushy puddle" situation. Bottom line: the filling is known to be a soupy mess.
I prefer to bake everything together in the crust, but if you want to use this filling recipe in some other way, you can definitely can it! Just cook it in a large pot over medium heat, stirring, until it comes to a bubble and becomes thick. Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat evenly. You can cook No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling
- It’s 2 cups of frozen strawberries.
- You need 2 cups of chopped frozen rhubarb.
- It’s 1 package of Jell-O sugar free strawberry mix.
- Prepare 3 cups of skim milk.
- It’s 1 package of Jell-O instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding mix.
Cool pie on a wire rack. TOP of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling Recipe. RETURN to Rhubarb Strawberry Pie Recipes. Once the pie is baked there is.
No Bake Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling instructions
- Mix strawberries, rhubarb, and strawberry Jell-O mix in a microwave safe bowl. Do not add water. The rhubarb and strawberries will provide all the liquid needed for the Jell-O mix..
- Microwave the mixture for 2 minutes and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring until the strawberries and rhubarb have broken down. Depending on your microwave, you may need to do this step more than 8 times. Let the mixture cool..
- After the strawberry rhubarb mixture is cool, in a separate bowl whisk the milk with the vanilla pudding mix until it thickens..
- Whisk the vanilla pudding with the strawberry rhubarb mixture..
- Pour into a pie pan with a crust. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight..
How to Make Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Filling. This post may contain affiliate links. I love this time of year. Strawberry rhubarb pie is one of my family's very favorite kinds of pies, and this strawberry rhubarb pie filling recipe is now one of my favorite recipes for canning strawberries. There's no need to worry about needing to cook the filling longer as it is already cooked.