Creamy Cajun Pasta.
You can have Creamy Cajun Pasta using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Cajun Pasta
- Prepare 1 lb of sausage or andouille.
- It’s 2 of boneless skinless chicken.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 lb of linguine pasta.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbs of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of heaping tbs minced garlic.
- It’s 1 of small package sliced fresh mushrooms.
- You need 5 cup of chicken broth.
Creamy Cajun Pasta step by step
- Pour olive oil into the pot. Add diced chicken breast to the pot, cover with cajun seasoning, and stir until the chicken is evenly seasoned. Then, add sliced sausage and stir. Cook the meat on medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through..
- Once the meat is cooked, add in the garlic, onion, peppers, and mushrooms, and stir. Continue stirring for 3-5 minutes as the veggies cook down..
- Add the dry pasta to the pot (if using long, thin noodles, break in half), then pour in the chicken broth. Stir until everything is well-mixed. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, keep covered bring the heat down to a simmer for 10 minutes (stirring every two minutes). If there still extra chicken broth, you can discard it, cook longer until the liquid evaporates, or add a little cornstarch to thicken the liquid..
- Lastly, add heavy cream and parmesan and stir until your pasta is well blended. Garnish with green onions, more parmesan, a sprinkle of cajun seasoning (if you want some extra spice), and salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!.
- Tips: Dice and marinade my chicken breast over night in Dale's low sodium marinade. Use frozen onion peppers mix in a pinch..