Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes. As it bakes, each cup achieves the signature puff and crisped edges of a Dutch baby. Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes for breakfast please! That's what your family will ask for every weekend once you make these little cuties.
And they are so freaking cute and delicious! If you've been here to the site before, you may already know that I have a thing for Dutch Babies. Being European, I grew up eating a Finnish version covered in blueberries. You can cook Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp. of additional unsalted butter, for the muffin tins.
- It’s of non-stick spray* (see note in step 4).
- It’s of confectioners sugar, for garnish.
I've shared my recipes for my. Dutch baby pancakes are typically prepared in a hot cast iron skillet. But all you need for mini dutch baby pancakes is a muffin pan. And almost everyone has a muffin pan laying around.
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes instructions
- Combine the first 2 tbsp. butter, eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla and salt in a blender and mix well, until smooth and frothy..
- Leave the batter in the blender and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. This gives the flour time to absorb the liquid. The texture and taste will be even better after it is given time to rest (or so I've read)..
- Place a 12 cup standard sized muffin tin (or 2 of the 6 cup muffin tins) into the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F, with the muffin tins in the oven while it heats..
- Once the oven is pre-heated, melt the additional 2 tbsp. of butter. Carefully remove the hot muffin tins from the oven (at this point I would recommend spraying the muffin tins with non-stick spray. I didn't the first time I tried this recipe and my Dutch babies stuck badly to the pan, even with the butter). Quickly brush the bottoms and sides of each cup with the melted butter, using a pastry brush..
- Pour the batter into the hot, buttered muffin tins, filling to the halfway point..
- Place muffin tins back in the oven and bake 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake an additional 7 minutes or until golden in color and puffy. Remove from oven. The pancakes will quickly deflate in the centers..
- Dust with the confectioners sugar and then serve immediately, either as is or with preferred toppings..
Besides, there's something about mini food that makes it more fun to make. Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes – these tasty little pancakes can be filled with anything! I actually first made these a couple years ago for a brunch I was hosting and they were a. So about these Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes…they're amazing! Whoever thought about baking a pancake is a genius and should be honored.