Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels. Use beef or calf (tenderized or not) flank steak. Quick and easy teriyaki salmon recipe. Salmon fillet is pan-grilled until tender perfection in an authentic Japanese homemade teriyaki sauce.
These elegant smoked salmon pinwheels are perfect if you want to enjoy lox without the bagels for a low-carb, keto appetizer. Keywords: Keto Smoked Salmon Pinwheels, lox and cream cheese, smoked salmon pinwheels, smoked salmon with cream cheese. You can make the teriyaki glaze in minutes, and the whole dish takes only a little longer. You can have Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels
- It’s 2 lbs of London broil.
- It’s 1 lb of fresh king salmon fillet.
- You need of Sea salt, white pepper, garlic powder, Chinese 5 spice.
- Prepare of Kikkoman teryaki glaze. The thick stuff.
- Prepare 1 of LG shallot, sliced thin.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of cream sherry, divided.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic, and brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of black bean sauce.
Keep a sharp eye on the salmon during cooking, though; the. If broiling, put the salmon in the prepared pan. Brush the salmon with the soy-sauce mixture. Deliciously savory smoked salmon pinwheels rolled up with a flavorful chive and dill cream cheese and tons of fresh spinach.
Brad's teryaki steak and salmon pinwheels step by step
- The London broil should be about an inch thick. Fillet in half to make two pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Place pieces in a zip lock bag and remove air. Beat with a mallet until meat is tenderized and less than 1/4 inch thick. Lay pieces out on a cutting board. Overlap just a little bit. Sprinkle with all of the spices well. Evenly spread hoisin and black bean sauce over meat..
- Place fish on a cutting board. Remove all bones and skin. Fillet into 1/4 inch thick pieces..
- Lay fish over beef..
- Carefully roll everything up. Tie well with butchers twine..
- Heat a dry pan on medium heat. Sear beef roll on all sides. Sprinkle with more seasonings on each side as you flip meat. When evenly seared, transfer to a baking dish. Add 1/2 cup sherry to the pan. Deglaze. Let reduce by half. Spoon over meat. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, add a touch of oil to another frying pan. Heat on medium low. Add shallots. Saute until they just start to brown. Add garlic and brown sugar. Saute 3 more minutes. Add remaining 1/4 cup of sherry and vinegar. Saute until liquid is gone. Set aside..
- When steak roll cooks 20 minutes, remove foil. Baste with teryaki glaze. Return to oven for 5 minutes uncovered. Repeat a second time..
- Remove from oven and tent with the foil. Let rest 10 minutes..
- Remove twine and slice into 1 inch slices. Arrange on a plate. Spoon the pan liquor over the top. Garnish with carmelized shallots. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
This technique works best when you use "center-cut" salmon fillet. If you don't have a center-cut fillet or want to simplify the preparation, leave the fillet whole, spread the mayonnaise over it View image. Salmon Pinwheels. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Inexpensive and impressive, this recipe is a must have anytime you want to wow your guests without spending all day in the kitchen!—Cristina Mathers of San Miguel, California. Salmon Pinwheels Recipe photo by Taste of Home.