Roasted Tomatillo and Garlic Salsa. Arrange the whole cloves of garlic, tomatillos, and jalapenos on a baking sheet. Place under the broiler, and cook for a few minutes. Add the tomatillos to a baking sheet along with the jalapenos and onion wedges.
I roasted extra garlic and added a bit of water the second day after it thickened up. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the tomatillos, garlic, jalapeño and leek with the oil and spread in a single layer. Make this delicious salsa verde to eat with chips, spoon over eggs, or add to chicken tacos. You can cook Roasted Tomatillo and Garlic Salsa using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Tomatillo and Garlic Salsa
- It’s 1.25 lb of Tomatillos (husked and washed).
- Prepare 1 of Roma Tomato.
- You need 6 of lg cloves garlic.
- It’s 1/2 of White Onion.
- You need 3 of Serrano Peppers.
- It’s 1 of lg Jalapeño Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 1/4 Cup of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Kosher Salt.
James came home from the fire station a few weeks ago raving about this roasted tomatillo salsa that they had while he had been on shift. Learn how to make tangy homemade roasted tomatillo salsa to serve with chips, tacos, enchiladas and more.. Unwrap the garlic from the foil, peel it, and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the roasted vegetables, lime juice and cilantro and pulse.
Roasted Tomatillo and Garlic Salsa instructions
- Preheat oven to Broil in high..
- Line a large baking sheet with foil..
- Cut Tomatillo in 1/2 down the center. Cut Roma Tomato, peppers, and garlic in 1/2. Cut onion in 1/4’s..
- Place above ingredients in broiler until all are well charred. (You will need to remove garlic earlier so as not to burn to a crisp. You want them brown in color.).
- When veggies are in the broiler, chop your cilantro and add to food processor along with juice of one lime..
- Once all veggies are appropriately charred, remove and let cool for approx 10 mins. Then chop into chunks before adding to food processor including all juices from baking sheet. Add salt and blend until your desired consistency..
- Place into air tight container and chill for at least an hour to let flavors meld. Trust me, it will be must tastier if you do..
Green tomato is more tart than ripe tomato, and will be somewhat similar to the flavor of tomatillo. Tomatillo Our roasted tomatillo salsa gets its tang from aromatic cilantro, slow-cooked garlic, and lively serrano chiles. With ingredients like these, it's no wonder this green salsa is beloved throughout central Mexico. Spread the tomatillos, garlic, jalapenos, bell pepper, poblano and onion on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Homemade Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde is easy to make but is a very flavorful salsa or sauce recipe.