Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce. Heat a wok until smoking, pour in the oil then add beef. Beef Stir Fry With Broccoli & Oyster Sauce (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe) Welcome to Xiao's Kitchen. Oyster sauce complements beef well by enhancing the natural flavor of the meat.
Meanwhile prepare remaining ingredients and stir together sauce mixture. Heat oil in a wok or large skillet. This beef-and-broccoli stir-fry features a rich Asian-inspired sauce made from store-bought oyster sauce, dry sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. You can cook Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
- Prepare 100 grams of Beef Strips.
- It’s 100 grams of Broccoli.
- Prepare 20 grams of Button Mushroom.
- You need 5 cloves (20 grams) of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 piece (50 grams) of White Onion.
- You need 1 piece (30 grams) of Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
The Food Lab: Stir-Fried Beef With Broccoli in Oyster Sauce. The beef and broccoli of my youth, I must say, was pretty special. I grew up in New York and Boston, both of which have seriously good Chinatowns and many restaurants specializing in the Chinese-American, Cantonese-derived dishes. Cut in small pieces, broccoli can be quickly stir-fried and glazed with oyster sauce and a hint of sesame oil.
Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce instructions
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS: Cut the beef strips into pieces. Cut the broccoli into pieces. Slice the button mushroom. Chop the garlic. Cut the red bell pepper into strips. Slice the onions. ©homebasedchef.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Sauté the chopped garlic in olive oil. Add the sliced button mushroom and stir. Add the sliced beef strips and cook until it turns light brown in color. We are using beef gyudon strips in this video but you can use any cut/part of the beef for as long as it is sliced thinly..
- Add the sliced red bell pepper and broccoli flowers and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp of butter for additional flavor and stir..
- Add a little amount of water around 1-2 tablespoons to wet the pan and the oyster sauce for flavoring and then mix well. Add the sliced white onions. We wanted to retain its crunch that's why we're added it last. Mix well to blend everything together..
- Cook for a few more minutes and you're done! This can be served as it is or with steamed white rice. ENJOY!.
Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce has a richer, more appealing flavor than brands developed for the American supermarket. Heat the remaining oil in the wok, stir-fry the broccoli and garlic until vegetables are just tender. Add the combined cornflour, water, sauces, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar to the wok Bring to the boil then return the beef then the snow peas to the wok, stir-fry until heated through. Beef and Broccoli was one of the most popular dishes in our family's Chinese takeout restaurant. Blanch the broccoli & sear the beef.