Fish Machboos. Today lets see how to make Fish Machboos / Majboos. Machboos is a dish which can be prepared with chicken or fish or mutton. Here am sharing the recipe of Fish majboos.
Machboos is a dish of rice & meat, popular in many Gulf countries such as Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and United Arab. You can serve Fish Machboos topped with nuts and fried onions and a side of Salata Hara (a spicy tomato crush), it goes well with this rice. Salata Hara (Arabic style tomato crush/salsa) Blend together. You can cook Fish Machboos using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fish Machboos
- It’s 1-2 of King Fish steak.
- You need 1 cup of basmati rice, soaked for 30 minutes.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1" of cinnamon.
- It’s 2-3 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4-5 of cloves.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1+1 tsp of Arabic spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cardamom powder.
- You need 2 of dry lime.
- You need 2 of green chilies.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of fried onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ghee.
Kuwaiti cuisine is a fusion of Arabian, Persian, Indian, and Mediterranean cuisines. A prominent dish in Kuwaiti cuisine is machboos, a rice-based specialty usually prepared with basmati rice seasoned with spices, and chicken or mutton (pork is highly restricted due to religious reasons). It's going to be a happy day, if you're making Machboos. It is therefore appropriate to turn on some happy music from Kuwait.
Fish Machboos step by step
- Apply 1 tsp. of the Arabic spice and salt to taste to the fish steak and marinate for 10-15 minutes. Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a pan and fry the fish till well done on both sides. Drain and keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil & temper with cardamoms, cinnamon and cloves. Add the onion and saute till it turns slightly brown..
- Add all the dry spices & ginger-garlic paste mixed with some water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the soaked rice, green chilies & the dry lime. Mix everything well and saute for 2 minutes..
- Add 1 1/2 cups hot water & pressure cook for 2 whistles. Switch off the flame and let it cool down..
- Add the ghee and fluff it up with a fork..
- Transfer to a serving plate and arrange the fried fish on top. Garnish with coriander leaves and fried onion. Enjoy as it is or with some side dish..
Machboos, also known as machbous, is the national dish of Bahrain and a typical dish of the Gulf cuisine, its name derived There are many varieties of machboos made with chicken, lamb or fish. Machboos Mania: Machboos Recipes For Every Palate. If you are looking for something lean and tasty, you should consider this spin on the aromatic dish. Easy and simple Lamb Machboos Recipe. Machboos, or kabsa, is a popular dish in the Arabian Gulf and often enjoyed during Ramadan, and on normal days as well.