OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian seasoning, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Rinse and pat the chicken dry. Salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
Place the chicken in a small roasting pan. Before prepping the oven roasted chicken, preheat your oven and position a rack in the lower third of the oven. You don't want the top of your bird burning! You can have OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN
- Prepare 6 of Chicken leg Quarters.
- You need 8 of Fresh Orange Slices & LIME Slices.
- You need 1 of Tablespoon of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Tablespoons of CRACKED BLACK PEPPER.
- It’s 1 cup of CILANTRO.
- It’s 4 of Tablespoons of SEASONING SALT.
- It’s 2 cup of Of WATER.
- You need 1 cup of MINCED ONION.
- You need 1 stick of of MARGARINE.
Stir together some melted butter, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and lemon zest. To check, carefully remove skillet from oven (the handle is hot!), poke a knife into leg joints. Put the chicken in a large nonmetalic bowl. Put the orange and lime zests in a small bowl and add the fruit juices.
OVEN ROASTED CITRUS CHICKEN step by step
- Rinse Chicken Well & Lay in LARGE Roasting Pan.
- Pour in Your 2 Cups of Water & MARGARINE.
- Place ORANGE SLICES & LIME SLICES in top of Chicken.
- Add All Your SEASONINGS All over Chicken ..
- COOK IN OVEN AT 375°F FOR AN HOUR ..The Last 10 Minutes UNCOVERED..
And so here we are: Simple Roast Chicken with Garlic and Lemon. As simple as a roast chicken is to prepare, there are some definite do's and don'ts when it comes to poultry perfection: DO dry off the skin of the chicken as thoroughly as possible. DON'T skip the step of tying the chicken legs together. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the chicken. Place the six lemon halves (if they'll fit!) and the three remaining rosemary leaves into the cavity of the bird.