You can have Vegan Fondue using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Fondue
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Cashews (Soaked).
- Prepare 3 Cups of Water.
- It’s 1 of Red Potato.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Nutritional Yeast.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Tapioca Starch.
- It’s 2 of Vegetable Bouillon Cubes.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Dry Mustard.
- Prepare 1 Clove of Garlic.
- It’s of Salt.
Vegan Fondue step by step
- Soak cashews in water for a half hour while dicing the potato and onion. Simmer the onion and garlic on medium heat in a saucepan and add the cashews, potato, and 3 cups of water when the onions become translucent. Add vegetable bouillon cubes. Allow to come to a boil for around a half hour or until the potatoes are soft..
- Pour the cashew concoction into a blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. The nutritional yeast and tapioca starch thicken the broth significantly, so add them a little bit at a time for an even blend..
- Pot the fondue in either a double boiler or a self heated fondue pot to keep warm. Serve with various options such as raw broccoli, carrots, apples, red grapes, French bread, protein chips, crackers, pretzels, etc..