Chicken Afritada. This Chicken Afritada Recipe are slices of chicken cooked in tomato sauce along with onions and Chicken Afritada or afritadang manok is a type of Filipino chicken stew with tomato based sauced. Chicken Afritada is another popular Filipino dish. Pieces of chicken are cooked in tomato sauce along with carrots, potatoes and bell peppers.
SIMPLE WAY OF COOKING CHICKEN AFRITADA (exact measurements below) Chicken Afritada is a type of chicken stew tomato-based Filipino dish. Chicken Afritada. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chicken afritada is a traditional Filipino dish made by simmering whole pieces of dark meat chicken in a tomato-based sauce. You can have Chicken Afritada using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Afritada
- You need 1/2 kg of chicken.
- It’s 1 of pouch tomato paste.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of medium onion sliced.
- Prepare 6 pcs of baby potato (halved).
- Prepare 15 pcs of string beans (sliced).
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
You can prepare this stew entirely on the stove or braise it in the oven. This local chicken recipe, the afritada, is sure to be an easy family favorite. There is so much to love about this hearty chicken and tomato stew. Chicken Afritada Recipe, also known as Apritadang Manok.
Chicken Afritada instructions
- Brown the chicken then add onion and garlic..
- Add water and boil until chicken is tender. Add potatoes. Once stock is reduced add the string beans..
- Pour the tomato paste and let it simmer. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot. Enjoy..
Afritada is one of those tomato sauce This version of Chicken Afritada is much easier to make, we used Choice Cuts Chicken Legs, no. Afritada is a Spanish based Filipino dish consisting of chicken, beef, or pork braised in tomato sauce with carrots, potatoes, and red and green bell peppers. Chicken afritada is one of the many Filipino tomato based stew. To cook chicken afritada; Saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Sauté chicken in oil, remove and set aside.