Sun-dried tomato appetizer torte. Sun-dried tomato pesto and cream cheese tortes will require a few key tools, like a bowl and plastic wrap. This fabulous pesto torte appetizer can be made without the sun-dried tomatoes. The combination of cream cheese and pesto is mouth-watering.
This is one of the best appetizer. This quick and easy recipe makes use of traditional Mediterranean dips that you can ﬁnd in the refrigerated section of the grocery Spread half of the sun-dried tomato pesto on the bottom third of the brie, then spread half of the basil pesto in equal thickness on top of the. They make elegant appetizers when stuffed with pesto and sun-dried tomatoes. You can cook Sun-dried tomato appetizer torte using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sun-dried tomato appetizer torte
- You need 3 cups of chopped onions.
- Prepare 3 jars of (about 7 ounces each) oil packed sun-dried tomatoes drained and finely chopped.
- You need 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 piece (2 inches) of fresh ginger peeled and grated.
- You need 1 teaspoons of herbed de provence.
- You need 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 package (8 ounce) of cream cheese.
- Prepare of Fresh basil sprigs (optional)assorted crackers.
And they're a cinch to prepare. My first attempt ended in disaster as I knocked the large glass bowl I was using to mold the torte into fell from my kitchen island onto the ceramic tile.there was no rescuing it from the broken glass. Skip to Sun-Dried Tomato Appetizers content. In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, feta cheese, salt, pepper and tomatoes.
Sun-dried tomato appetizer torte instructions
- Place onion tomato sugar garlic ginger herbed de Provence and salt in a slow cooker pour in red wine vinegar stir gently to mix cover cook on low 4 to 5 hours or three hours on high stirring occasionally let mixture cool before using.
- To serve slice cream cheese in half horizontally use unflavored dental floss for a clean cut spread 1/3 cup tomato mixture onto a cream cheese half. Top with second cream cheese half and spread with 1/3 tomato mixture on top garnish with fresh basil sprigs and serve with crackers refrigerator or freeze remaining mixture for another use.
- Tomato and cream cheese may be assembled in advance wrap and refrigerate until serving..
Spread the mixture over the tops of the toasted bread slices. Contributed by culinary partner Barbara Snow. I usually cut and toast the bread in the morning, but don't put the pesto on for toasting until our friends arrive. To prep the sun-dried tomatoes and olives, all you'll need is a sharp paring knife. These sun dried tomato bruschetta crunchy toast appetizers are slathered with a feta cream mixture and heaped with sun dried tomatoes.