Greek Chicken and Potatoes. Lemon-Garlic Sauce- This is where all the glorious flavor in this Greek chicken. This Greek chicken and potatoes is a one pan meal with marinated garlic and herb chicken and tender potatoes, all roasted to golden brown perfection. A super easy dinner for a busy weeknight.
I hope you enjoy this easy Greek Lemon Chicken & Potatoes video! Traditional Greek recipes for chicken and potatoes call for roasting a whole bird. But for this recipe we're going with bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts and thighs because they are easier to manage and quicker to cook. You can cook Greek Chicken and Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Chicken and Potatoes
- You need 5 lbs of bone in, skinless chicken thighs, excess fat trimmed.
- It’s 7 of Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into 2inch chunks.
- You need 1 3/4 TBSP of Kosher salt.
- You need 2-2 1/2 TBSP of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 TBSP of garlic powder.
- You need 3/4 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of olive oil.
- You need 1 of and 2/3 cans garlic chicken broth+ splash to deglaze pan.
Besides, bone-in, skin-on pieces feel like a hidden gem next to the more common. The simplicity of this dish is that it's all done in a single pan and makes enough to feed a family of four or five. Arrange the potatoes on the sheet pan around the chicken. Drizzle any liquid remaining in the bowl on top.
Greek Chicken and Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to °425.
- Mix all ingredients except for chicken, potatoes, and broth in a big measuring cup (or bowl) Microwave potato chunks for approximately 5-10 minutes, just enough to soften before baking..
- Place chicken and potato chunks in large bowl, and pour oil mixture over it. Stir to thoroughly coat all, and let sit about a half an hour for flavors to be absorbed..
- Lightly oil a large roasting pan and place chicken pieces in it, shaking off excess marinade. Then arrange potato chunks around chicken..
- Pour broth over all, then remaining marinade..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, stir to evenly distribute juices, then continue baking until done, about 23 more minutes..
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Remove chicken to plate and wrap with foil to keep warm..
- Place pan with potatoes in broiler for about 3-5 minutes to caramelize, but check every 2 minutes or so to avoid burning..
- When potatoes are done to your likeness, remove from pan. Add splash of broth to pan and scrape brown bits, and deglaze for a few minutes. Serve chicken and potatoes drizzled with pan juices..
- Enjoy your fabulous meal!.
Roast the chicken and potatoes until both. You could easily swap the potatoes for sweet potato or other root vegetables or even broccoli, Brussels sprouts or green beans. Slow-roasted Greek chicken with potatoes, lemon and oregano. Oven-roasted chicken with potatoes (kotopoulo sto fourno me patates) is a classic Greek recipe that I have grown up on – it graced our Sunday table often during my childhood. What more could you want from chicken and potatoes?