Baked Mussakhan on bread. While the chicken is roasting, work on the onions. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. For the sumac chicken flatbread recipe below, I had baked some mini musakhan flatbread at home.
Lightly brush a large ovenproof dish with the remaining oil. Scatter the torn bread along the bottom. Sprinkle the remaining chicken stock over the bread. You can cook Baked Mussakhan on bread using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Mussakhan on bread
- You need 4 pounds of drum sticks chicken.
- Prepare 3 pounds of onions.
- You need 3/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoon of sumac.
- You need 1 tablespoon of each.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Paprika.
- It’s 16 oz of whole wheat flour tortilla or pita bread.
- Prepare of For chicken broth one tablespoon of.
- You need 1 stick of cinnamon.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of black Pepper.
- You need of Anistar.
- You need leaves of Bay.
- You need of Cloves.
- You need of Coriander seed.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s of Dry lemon ground.
- It’s of Cumin seed.
Carefully flip the chicken & onion onto the bread so that it is right side up. Why a Guinness World Record Matters. But for Palestinians, the world's largest Musakhan was a show of pride and honor far beyond simple bragging rights. Palestinian chicken Musakhan is one of the traditional and rich recipes that speaks volumes of this generous cuisine.
Baked Mussakhan on bread step by step
- Wash chicken add to the pan cook with 4tablespoon of olive oil for five minutes let it get some color then add all the spices and cook some more after 10 minutes add 4 cups of hot water cook for half hour.
- Slice all the onions add to the pan with 1/2 cup olive oil and cook to get it soft about 20 minutes in the end add salt sumac paprika.
- When the chicken is ready add on top the onions add 2 cups of chicken broth and cook for 10 minutes.
- Get a baking tray ready dip all the bread at the sauce then place on tray spread the onions and chicken on top baked at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then broil for 5 minutes keep your eyes on it.
- Crispy edges on the side.
Roast chicken with sumac served over a bed of musakhan bread with caramelized onions and roasted almonds. Slather each flat bread with onions, scatter generously with sumac, adding bits of chicken and some toasted nuts and parsley to each one. Repeat for all the remaining breads and pieces of chicken and serve. Among Palestinians, mussakhan is a beloved roast chicken dish, at once energetic and comforting In this recipe, adapted from Yasmin Khan's "Zaitoun: Recipes From the Palestinian Kitchen," you'll rub chicken thighs and drumsticks with spices, painting the skin a sumac-stained fuchsia Marinate the meat with red onion for a few hours before roasting them in the oven, where the onions. Great recipe for Baked Mussakhan on bread..